A Bit More Info…

18 Sep

I had another discussion with Hubby about the whole transplant thing, now that I’ve had a chance to calm down about it a bit.

The deal is that they will keep him on hold for 6 months until we either come up with the $10,000 (pretty much out of the question, at least it’s not something we are considering at this point) OR he gets his insurance crap figured out. Apparently we make too much money right now (laughable,  because he works under the table, so according to our records we make about $30,000/year between the two of us) BUT once the girls come he will qualify again because we will be a family of four. Another option we are looking into is simply purchasing private insurance for him out of pocket, or he could go on mine, but I doubt anyone would take him with a pre existing condition.

He has an appointment with a social worker next Wednesday to sit down and figure it all out. We aren’t panicking yet becuase it looks as though he will get the transplant – just not until after the girls come. What I am trying not to think about right now is who is paying for his thrice weekly dyalisis treatments….

And, in Baby Land, I think I have finally set a date! I spoke to HR yesterday and they told me that I should not go out quite yet because they only allow 16 weeks of disability in any 12 month period before they start looking at “letting the person go”. Nice huh? Anyhow, I’ve already taken 8 weeks of leave and going out now would be cutting it way too close. I would really like to wait even longer so that I could be out with the girls through the holidays, but I doubt I’ll be able to swing that.

Either way, October 7th just sort of “feels” right. I’ll be 32 weeks (my personal pregnancy goal), I have a dr’s appointmtent and and ultrasound that week, it’s after my work shower (::grin::).

That is unless they decide to come even earlier than that.

I was up allllllnight last night with contractions 5 minutes apart. I’ve had this happen before, but it has never lasted for more than two hours and I can usually stop it by changing what I am doing (getting up and walking if I am laying down, or vice versa) but nothing was helping this time. I actually got up and started getting dressed to go to the hospital, and decided to try to drink even MORE water, up my trebutiline and see if that helped. They finally became irregular sometime around 3:30am. Whew. They are still there though, just not rhythmic…so we’ll see how long we can go.

To answer a few questions:

– Someone asked what kind of used car Hubby ended up getting. It is a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. I *heart* that car!

– Yes! The Pack N Play has a bassinet level.

– And Blue Bella, no. No increase in appetite yet…In fact I’ve been LESS hungry lately. Hope that means they are not going anywhere any time soon. =/

Advertisements

7 Responses to “A Bit More Info…”

  1. BlueBella September 18, 2008 at 12:30 pm #

    Thanks for the update:) You know I’m on pins and needles for us both with these babies giving us all we can handle. Having those contractions must have been scary!

    At least you aren’t too far away from having the girls so if hubby does have to wait for them it won’t be too long, but that sux he has to wait at all!

    (((HUGS)))

  2. Io September 18, 2008 at 5:40 pm #

    Look at letting the person go? That’s not shitty or anything. /sarcasm
    I hope you are able to hang in there at work and that the social worker has some good ideas.

  3. Kate September 18, 2008 at 5:51 pm #

    Sorry if you’ve covered this, but if your hubby has medical insurance and he switches to yours without a gap in coverage, they cannot deny him coverage based on a pre-existing condition.

  4. sara September 19, 2008 at 5:45 am #

    Ugh – sometimes I absolutely hate our health care system! I’m so sorry la la that you guys have to go through this added stress. I think of you husband often and always hope that things work out smoothly and easily and quickly with his transplant. I hope the meeting with the social worker goes well, and you guys get some new info that might help. ((hugs))

  5. twondra September 20, 2008 at 4:15 am #

    I’m so sorry you guys ar e struggling so much with the transplant. With how stressful it is, you shouldn’t have to deal with more stress.

    Glad you set a date! Can’t believe they would “think about letting someone go”…and admit it. Is that even legal?

    Thanks for answering the questions about the shots. 🙂

  6. Jill September 20, 2008 at 3:53 pm #

    Insurance companies stink. I’m sorry you’re even having to worry about it. I’ll be praying the matter gets cleared up and sooner than later.

    October 7th is so close!!

    ((HUGS))

  7. noswimmers September 20, 2008 at 7:00 pm #

    Just wanted to say that I’m thinking about you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: